Whether it is Reddit or Twitter, there is one question that millions of Americans are asking and it is “Does Kelly Service Drug Test?” So I decided to write a detailed answer for all the job seekers who want to apply for a job at Kelly Service.
Drug testing is a very common practice among employers today. With workplace drug use on the rise, companies want to ensure a safe and productive work environment. This is especially true for staffing agencies like Kelly Services that place employees in a variety of client companies.
So does Kelly Services drug test? We will see in this guide that is why stick with me till the end.
Does Kelly Service Drug Test?
When it comes to pre-employment screening, many companies take drug testing very seriously. This is especially true for staffing firms like Kelly Services that provide workers to a wide range of client organizations. After all, Kelly Services needs to ensure that the temporary employees they send out uphold the highest standards of workplace conduct and safety.
So it should come as no surprise that yes, Kelly Services administers drug tests. All job applicants must take and pass a drug screening before they can begin work. This applies to candidates across all roles from office personnel to manufacturing staff.
Kelly Services has a strict anti-drug policy as part of its commitment to a drug-free work environment. The drug tests screen for common illegal substances like marijuana, cocaine, opioids, and amphetamines. Prescription medications that may impact one’s ability to work safely are also checked.
How Does Kelly Service Drug Testing Work?
Here’s a quick rundown of how pre-employment drug testing works at Kelly Services:
- The drug test is requested after a conditional job offer is made to the applicant. Passing the drug screening is mandatory for employment.
- Urine samples are collected at approved testing centers and screened for a panel of substances.
- Results are sent to Kelly Services within a few days. A positive test for illegal drugs or misused prescription meds leads to a rescinded job offer.
- Applicants can reapply after a set waiting period if they complete rehabilitation treatment.
While drug testing may seem intrusive, it’s a standard policy for Kelly Services. Their aim is not to punish but rather deter drug abuse and ensure all employees sent to client sites are fully fit for duty. Knowing what to expect with pre-employment screening allows job seekers to make informed decisions about positions with Kelly Services.
How To Pass Kelly Services Drug Test?
There is no way to pass the test while using the drugs. However, if you are on prescribed medication then you can use the following tips.
- Avoid illegal drugs and prescription misuse. The best way to pass is to stay clean. Marijuana can be detected for weeks after the last use.
- Know what you’re being tested for. Kelly Services screens for substances like THC, cocaine, opiates, PCP, and amphetamines.
- If you take prescription meds, have proper documentation. Legally prescribed medications must be disclosed and verified.
- Don’t try to cheat the test. Substituting samples or adding adulterants can lead to automatic failure or legal issues.
- Stick to the testing procedures. Follow all collection site rules to avoid testing problems.
- Hydrate and exercise moderately before the test. Dilute urine can lower drug metabolite levels. But over-dilution raises suspicions.
- Don’t consume poppy seeds before testing. Poppy seeds can cause false positives for opiates.
- Shampoos and cleanses don’t work. There are no quick fixes to flush out drug residues from hair or urine.
The best advice is to avoid illegal drug use if you want a job with Kelly Services. Their strict drug testing aims to ensure all employees meet high standards of conduct and safety. Going in with knowledge of their policies allows applicants to make smart choices.
What Are the Drugs that Kelly Services Will Look For in Drug Screening?
Here are the main drugs and substances that Kelly Services tests for in their pre-employment drug screening:
- Marijuana – THC and its metabolites can be detected in urine for up to 30 days after use. One of the most common substances checked.
- Cocaine – Cocaine and crack cocaine can show up on a drug test for 1-3 days after use.
- Opiates – Codeine, morphine, heroin and prescription painkillers like oxycodone can be found in urine for 1-4 days.
- PCP – The hallucinogen angel dust or PCP is detectable for up to 8 days.
- Amphetamines – Amphetamines, methamphetamines, MDMA, and other stimulants can be traced for 1-3 days after use.
- Alcohol – While not illegal, alcohol over certain limits is tested for and can disqualify applicants. Generally detectable for 10-12 hours after drinking.
In addition to illegal drugs, Kelly Services also screens for prescription and over-the-counter medications that may impact one’s ability to work safely. Candidates should disclose any medications they are taking.
When seeking employment, it’s crucial to understand a company’s pre-hiring processes. This includes drug screening policies, like those in place at Kelly Services. Their strict drug testing protocol aims to foster healthy and safe workplaces.
While testing for a range of illegal and prescription substances, Kelly Services’ goal is deterrence rather than punishment. Applicants who fail the initial screening are not barred forever. After appropriate treatment and sober time, candidates can reapply for positions.
Ultimately, an informed job seeker is an empowered one. Those who educate themselves on Kelly Services’ drug testing are better equipped to make sound choices. Abstaining from substance misuse and abuse allows qualified candidates to excel through the hiring process.
Kelly Services, like many US employers today, has a vested interest in productive drug-free workplaces. By balancing this with opportunities for rehabilitation, they aim to enable all applicants to put their best foot forward. A discerning look at pre-employment testing makes applying for rewarding careers more accessible.